The 10-point Agenda for 21st Century Cities
From SDG Academy
1. Go all-electric
2. Operate off of power grids that are run on wind power, solar power, hydroelectric power, and in some places, nuclear energy ("clean, green electricity")
3. Use smart grids to connect devices and electric-powered vehicles and appliances in a highly efficient way
4. Be innovative, specifically by remaking technologies in line with cutting-edge information systems and by generating new jobs through the development of industries based on the smart, all-electrical, and renewable approaches to energy and infrastructure
5. Support healthful and pleasant city life by reducing pollution, reducing the prevalence of the sedentary lifestyle, and more
6. Support more physical security, e.g. by eliminating or preventing the development of pockets of high poverty and instability
7. Support the growth of the "share economy," as facilitated through information technology
8. Support an "e-Everything" approach by making smart systems work not only by connecting devices, but also by connecting people and processes (such as ecommerce, egovernance, etc.)
9. Make financial bases, infrastructure, and other urban frameworks more inclusive of entire metropolitan areas, beyond the legal boundaries of a particular administrative unit.
This video is licensed under the CC BY-NC-SA license.