Mission 4.7 Ministerial Panel: Transforming education for prosperity, people and the planet
From SDG Academy
The event began with a special announcement from Mission 4.7 Education Task Force member Leslee Udwin, Founder of Think Equal, followed by keynote addresses from Mission 4.7 Patron and former UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and UNESCO Assistant Director-General for Education and Mission 4.7 Co-Chair Stefania Giannini.
Participating speakers included:
- Hon. Dr. Yaw Osei Adutwum, Minister for Education, Ghana,
- Johanna Sumuvuori, State Secretary to the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Finland,
- Hon. Francis Fonseca, Minister of Education, Culture, Science and Technology, Belize,
- H.E. Niki Kerameus, Minister of Education and Religious Affairs, Greece, and
- Hon. Agnes NyaLonje, Minister of Education, Malawi.
Jeffrey Sachs, Columbia University Professor, SDSN President, and Mission 4.7 Co-Chair, also delivered remarks.